Let’s face it, 2018 wasn’t the best year for Bitcoin or crypto in general. From all the 2017 optimism and dreams of widespread adoption, 2018 gave us price drops and the general atmosphere changed to one of gloom. Fortunately, just like years end and new ones begin, these times will end as well. People who have been into Bitcoin have seen it happen before and it will happen again. Bitcoin isn’t dead. On the contrary, it’s only just starting. The whole ecosystem, if not as heated as in 2017, is thriving, with many projects starting to deliver and use cases spreading across the board. We at Bitcoin Gamling Expert are sure we’ll see lots of great things in the upcoming year and Cloudbet agrees with us. To start 2019 on the right foot, they are holding a bitcoin and crypto resolutions contest. Enter the competition for free now for a chance to earn BTC prizes.
How to enter the crypto resolutions contest
Cloudbet wants to hear your crypto resolutions for 2019. Should you stop buying shitcoin? Maybe HODL till kingdom come? Or perhaps you’re determined to have your mom get her first coin? It may refer to bitcoin, or any other cryptocurrency. It could refer to your plans, or what you intend to use crypto for (if anything). Or maybe something else entirely, it’s all up to you.
So where do you start?
First of all, and this one is important, if you do not currently have a Cloudbet account you should create one via this link. Once that is done it’s time to select a background – a blank card or page, an image, a gif, and just lay your best (or worst) wishes for crypto in 2019. As long as you write it in your own words (and keep it civil), it’s good to go.
Just post it on Twitter or on the competition’s Bitcointalk thread (read below for more details) and you’re gold. The best entries will be compiled and posted on the Cloudbet blog after the competition. You can check out the Cloudbet 5th anniversary best bitcoin memes and fiat review contest winners for some inspiration.
So grab your keyboard or your pen, put your wishing hat on and spill it out. Be clever, be funny, wish away – and best of luck.
The competition will open at 10:00 UTC on Friday, 4th of January, and will close at 10:00 UTC on Monday 14th of January.
- On Twitter, by following Cloudbet and posting with the hashtags #Cloudbet and #CryptoResolutions;
- On Bitcointalk, by going to the competition thread and posting your entry;
Entries must be card-like. You can use images, gifs, or even take a picture of a handwritten note – so long as it lives up to the spirit of resolutions. Here are some examples of resolution cards. Remember, though, you can use any other background, including animated gifs or meme-style images.
Winners and prizes
There are two ways you can win in this contest:
- Top 10: the favourite ten entries will each win a 0.03 BTC prize;
- The first 100 entrants that follow the rules qualify for a ticket for a Ledger Blue raffle;
The first 100 valid entries will have a chance of winning a Ledger Blue from the raffle. Each entry will be assigned a number, based on the order it was posted relative to all others, starting from zero. So, the first entry is 00, the second is 01, and so forth.
After the competition closes, a list with all entrants and their respective raffle numbers will be posted. The winner will be determined by the last two numeric digits of the block hash for the first block after 10am UTC on Tuesday, 15th of January.
Here are a couple examples to illustrate this:
- Blockhash: 0000000000000000001cfa0e7047bcb2129a2a79e90828f9e89a2c43a572df27
- Winner: 27
- Blockhash: 0000000000000000001109cec284c01c2c12f3b046e6625830c7931b603cf0fd
- Winner: 30
In case there are no matches, the winner will be determined by the following block until there is a match.
Terms and conditions
- Entries for the main competition will start at 10:00 UTC on Friday, 4th of January, and will close at 10:00 UTC on Monday 14th of January.
- Winners for the main competition will be announced on Twitter, Bitcointalk and the Cloudbet blog.
- Submissions must be original work – plagiarism will result in the contestant having all their submissions immediately disqualified. Plus, community shame, so be a sport and just don’t.
- All submissions must be in English;
- Submissions must be posted either on Twitter or the competition’s Bitcointalk thread.
- The winners will be selected by Cloudbet, and all decisions are final.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her review and nickname in any publicity material.
- Cloudbet will contact winners via private messaging to discuss prize delivery.
- The raffle draw will take place at 10:00 UTC on Tuesday, 15th of January.
- Players can submit multiple entries for the main competition; however only one raffle ticket per person will be allocated (based on time of first posting).
- Bitcoin prize winners from the main competition are excluded from the raffle;
- The prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The prize is not transferable.
- The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Any prizes left unclaimed after six weeks from competition end will be forfeited.
- You must be old enough to gamble in your jurisdiction, and at least 18 years old to participate.
- Cloudbet reserves the rights to change or cancel this competition at any time.
- Cloudbet’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants are solely liable in case their work infringe any copyrights or trademarks.
- General Cloudbet terms and conditions apply.